Court Report: Masters of Defense
10 September 2005
In the morning of the event Their Majesties, Janos and Rachel, did hold court. Leave was given to Their Excellencies, Ælfgar and Aryanna, to hold court.
The Last Court of Ælfgar and Aryanna
Baroness Aryanna announced her intention to retire to one of her country manors and to live in seclusion. But before she did so, she and Baron Ælfgar called several worthies of the Barony into their court to reward them for their work.
- Brian Murray (Brian de Morray), made a Companion of the Crab’s Claw
- Lady Christiana Iarina Chaikinaia, Lady Dealla Cohen, Lord Eshton Spearcrafter, and Mistress Keilyn FitzWarin, thanked for their efforts on behalf of the Barony.
- Lord Griffin Warwick, presented his scroll for the Order of the Crab’s Claw
- Baron Robert of Calais, made a Companion of the Blasted Oak
- Lord Arghylle Buchanan (John Arghile), made a Companion of the Crab’s Claw
Their Excellencies next gave Mistress Arianna Morgan permission to approach. Mistress Arianna did so and presented Her Excellency with a bouquet of flowers and the thanks of the Barony.
The Champions of the Barony were asked to stay and assist the new Baron and Baroness whom Their Majesties were minded to name. The Champions assented.
Their Excellencies requested Lord Quentin de Rath to come into Court and to care for their coronets and give them into the keeping of Their Majesties.
As a final act, Ælfgar bid the herald read a proclamation rescinding his pardoning of political prisoners and ordered them to return to whatever prison, dungeon or cell they had been held in. It should be noted that Aryanna did not sign said proclamation.
In her final gracious gesture before retiring to the country, Aryanna asked Their Majesties to pardon Ælfgar and withdraw Their writ against him.
There being no further business, so closed the final court of Ælfgar Greyseas and Aryanna Hawkyns, Baron and Baroness Lochmere.
Their Majesties Writ Against Ælfgar Greyseas
Their Majesties voiced great displeasure against Baron Ælfgar Greyseas, and the populace trembled at Their wrath as disclosed in the following writ:
KNOW ALL to whom these presents are made public and as such serve as the
words of your moved Sovereigns, that WE, JANOS and RACHEL, Monarchs of
this Realm of Atlantia, issue and do publish this INDICTMENT against OUR
subject, Ælfgar Greyseas, lately invested as Baron Lochmere, and that in
further testament to this WARRANT, WE do state as follows;
That the ACCUSED Ælfgar Greyseas, acting upon his own want and volition,
in the year Anno Societatis 38, did release and exculpate various and
sundry Prisoners of the Body Politic held in OUR dungeons, as to grant
them freedom and protection from the CROWN’s Justice.
That further, the ACCUSED did give comfort to these base villains, with
neither let nor leave of The CROWN, an Offense against the peace of our
Sovereigns, Their Crowns and dignity.
That further, the ACCUSED did act against Regulae Juris, that is against
the rules of law and did make offense, having committed Infamous Crimes
and Misdemeanors to wit: mopery, grand mopery, goitry, felonious goitry
with intent to creep, and Crimen Magestatis.
And it is further OUR command that the ACCUSED, Ã†lfgar Greyseas be taken
into CUSTODY where forever he be found, and brought before OUR Court for
disposition of OUR Justice. And may God have mercy upon his soul.
Done this Day by OUR Hand,
Their Majesties summoned Lord Vladimir Vladimirovich Vladimirov and Lady Medb ingen Brain. With solemn oaths, Vlad and Medb were invested with the coronets of the Barony of Lochmere, and both were granted arms commensurate with their station.
Leave was given to Their Excellencies, Vlad and Medb, to hold court.
The First Court of Vladimir and Medb
Their Excellencies thanked the populace for attending
Lord Griffin Warwick begged leave to come into court and it was gladly given. Lord Griffin presented His Excellency with a sword, crafted by his own hand, that His Excellency might proudly lead the forces of Lochmere against any and all enemies of Atlantia or Lochmere. His Majesty bid His Excellency take up his new sword and fight with him against the Kingdom of the East at Kingdom Crusades, which His Excellency agreed most heartily to do.
Finally, Their Excellencies added their pleas for clemency for Ælfgar from the Crown.
There being no further business, so closed the first court of Vlad and Medb, Baron and Baroness Lochmere.
Thus done, so closed the morning court of Their Majesties, Janos and Rachel, King and Queen Atlantia.
In the evening Their Majesties, Janos and Rachel, did hold court. Leave was given to Their Excellencies, Vladimir and Medb, to hold court.
The Court of Vladimir and Medb
Their Excellencies summoned the following individuals into Their presence.
- Lord Ormswyn of Aclei, thanked for his service as Baronial Champion, asked to pass on the honor, and made a Companion of the Crab’s Claw.
- Duke Galmr Ingolfsson, asked to become the new Baronial Champion.
- Lord Mikhail Chaika Pavlov syn Novgorodets, made a Companion of the Eagle’s Feather.
- Lord Erich von Oßenbrugge, made a Companion of the Crab’s Claw.
- Baroness Elspet Byndelase, made a Companion of the Blasted Oak.
There being no further business, so closed the court of Vladimir and Medb, Baron and Baroness Lochmere.
The Court of Janos and Rachel
Their Majesties summoned the following individuals into Their presence.
- Ælfgar Greyseas, the warrant being rescinded, made a Baron of the Court of Atlantia.
- Erich von Oßenbrugge, awarded arms as a noble of Atlantia.
- Lady Constanza de Talavera, made a Companion of the Sea Dragon.
- Lord Magnus MacTagart, made a Companion of the Coral Branch.
- Lady Ingeborg í Þrándheimi, made a Companion of the Opal.
- Joscelin d’Outremer, awarded arms as a noble of Atlantia.
- Serena de la Mar, awarded arms as a noble of Atlantia.
- Lady Maeve FitzRobert of York, made a Companion of the Opal.
- Lord Richard Wyn, made a Companion of the Coral Branch.
- Elishabeth de Avignon, awarded arms as a noble of Atlantia.
- Lord Llewellyn gan Barfog, made a Companion of the Silver Osprey.
Thus closed the Court of Janos and Rachel, King and Queen Atlantia.
Lady Máire inghean Dhúncháin mhic Oisdealbhaigh bore witness to Lochmere’s court.
The Webminister does not have access to the Royal Court Report, and so the Royal Court report listed here is simply a listing of the awards and orders given that day (in order).
In the event of conflicts, the original court reports are to be considered the correct version.