Battle on the Bay 2022
The Barony of Lochmere would like to welcome you to a weekend of games, puzzles, puns, and most importantly – friends. There will be activities to entice all. Combat in all disciplines. Bedazzling arts and informative sciences. There will be a gaming parlor for all of those that wish to match their wits and skill upon the gaming boards.
- Merchants welcome
- Equestrian welcome
Patuxent River Park Pavilion (aka Croom Park)
16000 Croom Airport Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Site Restrictions (these are park policy and NOT restrictions from event staff):
- Covid restrictions may still be in effect. Please stay tuned.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet.
- Fires in site’s fire rings or fire bowls only.
- Alcohol is allowed; please use period containers.
- Please separate trash and recycling and dispose of them in the dumpster and recycling bins.
- No RVs or travel trailers (horse and personal trailers are fine).
|Adult Member Registration||$15.00||$15.00||$5.00|
|Adult Non-Member Registration||$20.00||$15.00||$5.00|
Friday – September 23
- 6 PM – Site/Troll opens
- 8 PM – Gaming ‘salon’ opens
- 9 PM – Troll closes
Saturday – September 24
General Schedule (see below for activity-specific schedules)
- 8 AM – Troll reopens
- 9 AM – MoL opens
- 3 PM – Troll closes
- 4 PM – Lists close
- 5 PM – Court
- 6 PM – Feast
- Melees all-day
- All melees will have Combat Archery
- 09:30-10: Authorizations/Inspections
- 10:30-1130: Single Sword Single Elimination Tournament
- 11:45-12:15: C&T Valhalla Melee
- 12:15-12:45: Rapier Valhalla Melee
- 12:45-1:15: Lunch Break/Pickups
- 1:15-2: Crab Melee
- 2:15-3: Crab and Minnow Melee
- 3-4: Field Open for Pickups
- 9 AM field opens
- 10 AM Gallery combats
- 12 open field
- 1 PM lunch break
- 2 PM judged tourney
- 4 PM Field Closes
- Range opens 9:30 for inspections
- Targets until 4 PM.
- 9:30 range open
- 11 – 12:30 game of TW Flux
- 1 – 3 Royal Rounds
- 1 – 4 advanced TW exercises
- 4 PM Range closes
- 9 AM: Ground Crew Class (needed to authorize to help on Equ list Field)
- 9:30 AM: Authorizations and Arena open to warm up
- 10:00 AM: The Game is On! (A challenge based on time and score)
- 12 PM: lunch break
- 12:30 PM: Equestrian Meet and Great. Come by and meet the horses and their owners. Owners will have treats you can feed, but if you bring your own, please double-check with owners before feeding.
- 1 PM: Puzzle it Out (A gambler’s choice challenge)
- 3 PM (if there is time after Puzzle it Out): Tippet Tag
Sunday – September 25
- 10 AM – Site closes
Arts of War
There will be all manner of combat to be found: armored, rapier, steel, archery, thrown weapons! Take your pick and enjoy the day. Battle on the Bay has a long and storied history of melees. 🙂 See the schedule above.
Arts of Peace
A&S competitions, displays, and classes will be coordinated by Mistress Avice Claremond: email@example.com.
Game and Puzzle Competition: Display a complete period game or puzzle with rules or instructions. Documentation should include origin, materials used, and at least one source. EZ Doc form is acceptable.
Games and Puzzles in Art: Provide a rendering of a period game or puzzle. Create a scroll depicting jousting. Sew a tunic with an embroidered game of skittles on the hem. Let your imagination run wild. Documentation should include information about both the game/puzzle and the adorned item.
Each competition will be divided into separate adult and youth (17 and under) competitions.
- 1st course
- Saumon (Smoked salmon with wine and scallions) !
- Lorey Pastries (fried crackers) *
- Soupe Crottee – (cheese bread soup) *
- 2nd Course
- Char de porc fresche – (Fresh pork in herb sauce)
- Petits Choulx – small cabbages +!
- 3rd Course
- Numbles of Beef with Lamprey sauce
- Vermiseaux de cecille – Pasta with aged cheese *
- 4th Course
- Roasted Chicken with Barbe Robert (buttery mustard sauce)
- Black Porray (Fried Spinach & Bacon) !
- 5th Course
- Wine Poached Pears +!
- Sweet egg custards *
Vegetarian = *
Vegan = +
GF = !